Thursday, March 2, 2017

white owl and two books

white owl on a lonely road
Earlier in the winter my partner Andrea received a blurry picture through facebook. It was sent to her from a woman named Rachel, one of only two people in a nearby town that actually have the book The Messengers. She said the owl was in the middle of the road and she couldn’t drive around it, and while parked took the picture. The photo shows a white owl standing in the center of a dark road. It lines up with a driveway and a mailbox where the other person with that same book lives.

The owl was looking at something in the road, and she had enough time for one photo from her phone. Then another car passed from behind and the owl flew off.
Text added later the same day:
I bumped into Rachel this afternoon. I told her about this post and she described the a few more things about that night. She ended up getting very close to the owl, closer than the photo shows, and said she felt a deep connection. Also, she was picking up her son from that house, but the owl was in the one spot that blocked her from turning into the driveway 
Rachel also was surprised that the owl was so small. She told me that she only remembers seeing one other owl, and she described it as being three and a half feet to four tall 
___________________________________________

4 comments:

Red Pill Junkie said...

Interesting. And of course, there's the blaring pop link between owls and mail.

Lucretia Heart said...

Another, much taller, owl?

Uh oh!

Mamasunshine said...

I am in a bit of shock at the moment. I have been researching owl symbolism for hours and just as I was about to give up not finding anything that really compaired to my experience.
One night my boyfriend and I were on our way home from an all day Harley ride. We turned off the main hiway on to the 17 mile, lonely, dark, country hiway that lead to our house. We were enjoying being alone, no idiot drivers to have to worry about. I was holding him with my chin on his shoulder whole we were talking (I forgot what we were even talking about). I slowly looked up and pointed about the time he looked as well. There stood a huge white owl, we both swear it was at least 3 1/2 feet tall, he says pure white, I seen more of a silver/white. We didn't say another word until we got home. We both described what we seen and how it felt. We felt the same. Eyes connected with the beautiful bird, seemed like longer than a minute. The owl didn't move off the yellow line, he went around it very smoothly, never breaking eye connection with this huge bird. I felt the need to reach my hand out and touch it's feathers but didn't. We talk about it often and it seems as real when we let our minds go back to that moment. I question myself if it was real or not, It was definitely real. It sounds unbelievable, I know. When I read the last of the story above I got chill bumps and could barely read it to my boyfriend. I first showed him the picture and he quickly said "it was way bigger". Then I read the rest. My heart stopped and jaw dropped. Just WOW!!

Mike Clelland! said...

Reply to "Unknown"

Please contact me directly, my email is on the site.

I would very much like to hear more.

Mike